Philip Leeson Architects is currently looking to fill one vacant position.
Built Heritage Consultant
We are looking for an individual with interest and some experience in heritage practice, a grounding in architecture would be ideal. We are open to various levels of seniority from keen entry level to relatively expert.
We are after an individual who can grow into the role with a view to a long- term commitment to our team and our practice. The position could be part time or full time, depending on the individual.
To be considered for the position, you should have:
- Education and / or on the job training in heritage management
- Some experience with / particular interest in the built environment / built heritage
- Excellent written communication skills
- Willingness to learn, engage, ask questions and up skill
- Good interpersonal and oral communication skills, and be able to work collaboratively within a team and for diverse clients
- Providing heritage advice to both internal and external clients
- Advice related to adaptive reuse
- Completing condition assessments
- Completing design documentation to support conservation work as required
- Writing Conservation Management Plans including conducting historical research, stakeholder engagement and developing policies
- Writing Statements of Heritage Effect / Heritage Impact Assessments / Statement
- Working with the various subconsultants such as Archeologists, Historians and others to deliver work
Our core architectural services include masterplanning, architectural and interior design, heritage advice, construction documentation and contract administration.
PLA has a proven record of architectural, planning and conservation services to public and private sector clients. The practice has developed a reputation for its client and community oriented approach and strong design focus in the architectural and interior design of public, community, institutional and commercial projects, as well as multi-unit and single residential housing. The practice has completed a significant body of work including aged-care projects, state and territory government developments, conservation and planning studies, and private and public housing
Why would you want to work for Philip Leeson Architects?
- Design Focussed – We want quality design outcomes and provide Architects with the freedom to pursue their design aspirations and push the limits. Our projects are self directed and you will be presented with opportunities to explore your own identity in design.
- Variety – We take on all sorts of different types of projects and you will definitely have to opportunity to expand your skill set and be exposed to projects outside your current expectations.
- Flexibility – We cater the work environment to fit your needs, allowing working from home, flexibility with childcare, taking additional time off etc. We do our best to meet your needs.
- Collaboration – We encourage close collaboration between team members to share and build upon each others experience.
- Work Life Balance – It is encouraged to have hobbies and interests outside the office and be provided with the flexibility to enjoy them.
- People – A friendly, collaborative and inclusive team.
- Training – We encourage upgrading of skills and will work with you to achieve your goals.
- Mentorship – We have a number of extremely experienced Architects that are happy to convey their knowledge and assist on projects.
- Adaptive – We are open to new ideas and are happy to adapt the business to reflect different perspectives.
- Opportunities for Advancement – Significant internal growth opportunities.
How to Apply
Please feel free to give us a call at 02 6295 3311 or drop by our office to discuss the opportunity. Alternatively, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org