Philip Leeson Architects is currently looking to fill two vacant positions 1. Senior Architect 2. Built Heritage Consultant
Philip Leeson Architects is looking for a suitably qualified Senior Architect to join our design team.
- 5+ years experience
- Current Architectural registration
- Strong design skills
- Sound construction knowledge
- Exposure to contract administration
- Experience in built heritage would be considered an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to collaborate on projects and take on advice
- A confident decision-maker
- Experience in ArchiCAD would be valuable
- Someone who takes initiative
- Willing to mentor other team members when opportunity for growth
- Ability to multi-task
- Collaborate with a team of Architects and Interior Designers to deliver a variety of high quality design oriented projects.
- Managing design and documentation packages ensuring quality control to achieve project requirements.
- Oversee design development from project initiation, concept development through documentation, tendering and contract administration.
- Collaborating with our team of preferred subconsultants to ensure document coordination.
- Providing construction oversight, responding to builders queries and providing contract administration.
- Acting as a key contact for clients: understanding briefs, initiating contracts, maintaining relationships.
- Taking a positive approach and mentoring junior Interior Designers and Architects.
- Continuously thinking strategically to assist in driving our growing company and implement any enhancements as needed.
Built Heritage Consultant
We are looking for an individual with interest and some experience in heritage practice, a grounding in architecture would be ideal. We are open to various levels of seniority from keen entry level to relatively expert.
We are after an individual who can grow into the role with a view to a long- term commitment to our team and our practice. The position could be part time or full time, depending on the individual.
To be considered for the position, you should have:
- Education and / or on the job training in heritage management
- Some experience with / particular interest in the built environment / built heritage
- Excellent written communication skills
- Willingness to learn, engage, ask questions and up skill
- Good interpersonal and oral communication skills, and be able to work collaboratively within a team and for diverse clients
- Providing heritage advice to both internal and external clients
- Advice related to adaptive reuse
- Completing condition assessments
- Completing design documentation to support conservation work as required
- Writing Conservation Management Plans including conducting historical research, stakeholder engagement and developing policies
- Writing Statements of Heritage Effect / Heritage Impact Assessments / Statement
- Working with the various subconsultants such as Archeologists, Historians and others to deliver work
Our core architectural services include masterplanning, architectural and interior design, heritage advice, construction documentation and contract administration.
PLA has a proven record of architectural, planning and conservation services to public and private sector clients. The practice has developed a reputation for its client and community oriented approach and strong design focus in the architectural and interior design of public, community, institutional and commercial projects, as well as multi-unit and single residential housing. The practice has completed a significant body of work including aged-care projects, state and territory government developments, conservation and planning studies, and private and public housing
Why would you want to work for Philip Leeson Architects?
- Design Focussed – We want quality design outcomes and provide Architects with the freedom to pursue their design aspirations and push the limits. Our projects are self directed and you will be presented with opportunities to explore your own identity in design.
- Variety – We take on all sorts of different types of projects and you will definitely have to opportunity to expand your skill set and be exposed to projects outside your current expectations.
- Flexibility – We cater the work environment to fit your needs, allowing working from home, flexibility with childcare, taking additional time off etc. We do our best to meet your needs.
- Collaboration – We encourage close collaboration between team members to share and build upon each others experience.
- Work Life Balance – It is encouraged to have hobbies and interests outside the office and be provided with the flexibility to enjoy them.
- People – A friendly, collaborative and inclusive team.
- Training – We encourage upgrading of skills and will work with you to achieve your goals.
- Mentorship – We have a number of extremely experienced Architects that are happy to convey their knowledge and assist on projects.
- Adaptive – We are open to new ideas and are happy to adapt the business to reflect different perspectives.
- Opportunities for Advancement – Significant internal growth opportunities.
How to Apply
Please feel free to give us a call at 02 6295 3311 or drop by our office to discuss the opportunity. Alternatively, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org