Philip Leeson Architects is an award winning, long established and well-regarded architectural and heritage advisory firm that delivers quality design outcomes.
Based in Canberra, Philip Leeson Architects has completed architectural and conservation work throughout New South Wales and the A.C.T. The practice was established in 1996 and is led by director Philip Leeson, who oversees teams of Architects, Interior Designers and Heritage Consultants.
In addition to practice staff we have developed productive associations with a range of consultants whose skills are used depending on the requirements of each project. These include the full range of planning and engineering disciplines, cost planners, historians and archaeologists.
Our core architectural services include, masterplanning, architectural and interior design, heritage advice, construction documentation and contract administration.
PLA has a proven record of architectural, planning and conservation services to public and private sector clients. The practice has developed a reputation for its client and community-oriented approach and strong design focus in the architectural and interior design of public, community, institutional and commercial projects, as well as multi-unit and single residential housing. The practice has completed a significant body of work including aged-care projects, state and territory government developments, conservation and planning studies, and private and public housing.
Our practice strives to achieve excellence in all its work. This commitment to excellence and achieving quality results has been recognised both by the architectural community and related industry groups with many of its projects receiving awards, and assured the practice of an outstanding reputation and a steady flow of work.
Heritage Consultancy Services
Our heritage consultancy services include:
- Assessment of nominations for inclusion on various heritage lists
- Preparation of heritage (conservation) management plans (CMP)
- Preparation of Statements of Heritage Effect (SHE) and Statements of Heritage Impact (SOHI)
- Assessment of heritage management proposals
- Provision of heritage management advice to design consultants
- Masterplanning advice
- Formulation of heritage policy
- Physical assessments
- Condition Audits
- Dilapidation reports and works programs for heritage places including adaptive reuse
- Architectural design, documentation and project management of heritage conservation works for heritage places
- Measuring and preparing archival records and drawings for preparation of works.
In addition to our heritage consultancy services, the practice operates the Heritage Advisory Service on behalf of the ACT Government.
Over twenty years of experience on a range of architectural and heritage-based projects makes us well equipped to provide a wide range of architectural and heritage consultant services.