Berrigan Crescent Apartments, O’Connor
The practice has provided architectural services to the ACT Government for almost twenty years. This project, which is nearing completion, consists of 21 social housing apartments in O’Connor and was completed 2012. The multi facetted site addressed Berrigan Crescent on the east side, a pedestrian lane on the north and parkland to the west, providing ideal orientation and private courtyards to the maximum number of units possible. Access to the units is from a central landscaped courtyard for the maximum number of units. The robust materials required by the client are softened by the use of bright red balustrades contrasted against the light coloured masonry.
We have completed numerous multi-unit housing projects for ACT Housing, including feasibility studies, site-planning, architectural design, construction documentation, construction advice and contract administration. Other recent examples include:
- 21 supportive housing apartments in Chisholm Group Centre, completed 2015
- 5 supportive housing units on a consolidated 2 block RZ1 site in Chisholm, completed 2013
- Dual occupancy, Angas St Ainslie, including 4 bedroom gold standard of Livable House Guidelines and a 2 bedroom fully accessible house, completed 2013
- 13 two bedroom supportive housing units, Macquarie, completed 2010
- Special Needs House (Refuge), Narrabundah, 2008